top of page


Have you been denied employment because of your criminal record? Have you been a passed over for a promotion because of your rap sheet? Did you know that when you have fulfilled the conditions of probation for the entire period of probation, or you have been discharged prior to the termination of the period of probation, you have the right to petition the court to withdraw your guilty plea and replace it with a not guilty plea?

This in essence will help you with your employment. Instead of admitting that you’ve been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony to a potential employer, you may represent that in fact you haven’t been convicted of any crimes. (This is inapplicable to State and Federal Agencies or Private Contractors employed by State or Federal Government). CPC 1203.4

In some instances, you may also be able to reduce the felony you’ve been convicted of to a misdemeanor while you’re still on probation. CPC 17(b)

bottom of page