top of page

Sentence Modification Attorneys

When a crime is punishable by state prison, or by fine or imprisonment in county jail, the court at its own discretion may reduce the offense to a misdemeanor instead of a felony. CPC 17(b)

During or upon the completion of felony probation, a defendant many petition the court to reduce his conviction to a misdemeanor. This is usually recommended when a defendant has completed at least half of his probationary term and has committed no new law violations. The modification of your sentence may help you to secure better employment or to secure residency in the United States.

bottom of page